1. Be registered
2. Hold a current Annual Practising Certificate (APC)
1. Complete the online registration (Home page) "Apply for registration". This is located in the top right hand corner of the website.
Click here for the registration form.
If you don't have access to a computer contact the Registrar on (04) 918 4727
If you accidentally log yourself out of the website during your online registration application, you can log back in using your personal login and password. Any updates are saved as you make them so you can continue with your application.
2. Near the end of the online online registration section you will see a link to the following documents
Registration information form
You can also download these from the Forms section of the website.
Please note that you can't type into these forms, so either print them out or save them on your own computer.
3. Compile the necessary documentation and make sure that you certify documentation where required. Please complete your checklist as that must be sent with your registration information.
Keep a copy of your application for your further reference.
4. The Board will review your application and notify you of the outcome by email.
6. If your application is accepted you will receive your APC by mail.
If you have any questions please email the Registrar on email@example.com or phone (04) 918 4727.
Documents you will need for registration
Certified copies of
Your birth certificate
Your passport or driver's licence
Any legal evidence of name change (eg marriage certificate)
Psychotherapy qualification certificate
Declaration of supervised psychotherapy and therapeutic hours (if applicable)
Declaration of competence (if applying for an APC)
Statutory declaration (Appendix 4)
Other documentation (not certified)
NZ Police report (if applicable). Must be no older than 6 months on receipt
Overseas police reports (if applicable). Must be no older than 6 months on receipt
IELTS results (if applicable)
Professional reference (Appendix 1)
Character reference (Appendix 1)
New Zealand prescribed qualification $400.00 (inc GST)
Overseas non-prescribed qualification $3300.00 (inc GST)